Accredited by NAAC at "B" grade with a CGPA of 2.76 on a four point scale
Every bonafide student of the College of F. Y. B. Com. & S. Y. B. Com. shall be eligible to get 2 cards, one for the text books and one for the reference reading. T. Y. B.Com. Students will get 3 cards two for the text books and one for the reference reading. M. Com. Students will get 5 cards. Books borrowed on library card can be kept for home reading for 7 days. It is left to the discretion of the Librarian to issue and to renew certain books.
Every student is expected to show his/her Library card / Identity card as and when asked by the library staff. Reference books, pamphlets, periodicals or reference copies of the text books can be obtained on library Reference card for internal reading only. Projects can be used for internal reading only.
In case the books etc. obtained on Library reference card is not returned while leaving Library, a fine of Rs.5/- per book per day will be charged. A fine of Rs.2/- per day per book will be charged if the books is kept overtime (beyond seven days) against Library card.
DAMAGES AND LOSS:
On receiving the book a student must examine them and report any damage done to the book, otherwise the last borrower will be held responsible if the books are found damaged.
If the borrower loses the book, he/she will have to replace or pay the market price of the book. In case of rare and out of print book, the price will be determined by the Librarian.
The borrower is expected to report the loss of Library cards immediately.
When a student takes back his/her card after returning book he/she is expected to make sure that he/she has got his/her own card. Any misplacement of the card should be brought to the notice of the Librarian on the spot.
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATIONS
Kindly note and observe the following ‘GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS’ of the Library.
(01) The Library is YOURS – PLEASE HELP US TO MAKE IT AN ATTRACTIVE PLACE TO STUDY IN.
(02) Library is a place for study and hence SILENCE at all times is must. Those who create nuisance will be asked to leave the reading hall.
(03) Cleanliness should be preserved in the reading hall.
(04) The Library is only for the Staff and bonafide students of the College. Outsiders and Ex-students will NOT be allowed in the Library without prior permission of the Librarian or Principal.
(05) Students should posses their valid Library card at all the times when they enter in the Library. They should produce the same as and when they are required by the library staff.
(06) Dog-earing the pages of the books, marking or writing therein with ink or pencil, tearing or taking out its pages or otherwise damaging it will constitute an injury to a book. Any such injury to a book is serious offence. And invites punishment
(07) Periodicals, Newspapers, Magazines, etc. obtained on Library reference card /Identity card is for internal reading only.
(08) Library cards are not transferable.
(09) Pets and Eatables are not allowed in Library.
(10) Eating Tiffin’s, toffees, chewing gum etc are strictly prohibited.
(11) Smoking is strictly prohibited.
(12) Shifting of chairs from one place to another place is strictly prohibited. Students should not keep their bags and belongings on the table and instead keep them on the steel rack kept at the entrance of the library.
(13) Use of Mobile Phones are strictly prohibited in Library
(14) If you have any difficulty, please approach the Librarian.
BOOK BANK SCHEME
01. Book Bank facility will be given to the needy and meritorious students selected by the Committee. The numbers of books in the set given depends on books available with the Book Bank.
02. Set of books will be given to the students for one year.
03. Students have to return the books borrowed immediately after the Examinations are over.
04. A fine of Rs.2/- per day will be charged in case of delay made after the end of Examinations.
05. Students are requested to make proper use of the books given. In case of damage caused or loss of books, the concerned student will have to replace the books.
BEST LIBRARY READER
Best Library Readers Award:
2016-2017: Mast Vijay Hallikeri ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Siddhi Mapari ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2015-2016: Mast. Madhukant Mayekar ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Ankita Arjun Sawant ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2014-2015: Mast. Suraj Umarye ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Quintina Rodrigues ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2013-2014: Mast. Shripad marathe ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Dilesha Teli ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2012-2013: Mast. Govind Prabhugaokar ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Karishma Keni ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2011-2012: Mast. Yaduvir Vaigankar ( T. Y. B. Com.) Ms. Cliffa Gomes ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2010-2011: Ms. Neela Mandvalmath ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2009-2010: Ms. Indira Naik ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2008-2009: Ms. Priyanka Khobrekar ( T. Y. B. Com.)
2007-2008: Ms. Reema Narvekar ( T. Y. B. Com.)
LIBRARY SCHOLAR CARD
The Students who scores 60% and above in their final examinations will be given one addtional card.
NARAYAN ZANTYE COLLEGE OF COMMERCE
PIN CODE:403529 (Post Industrial Estate)
Post Bicholim Industrial Estate.
Call: +91 2361377,2363769