Narayan Zantye College of Commerce Library is one of the best College Libraries in Goa. It provides various facilities to the students and staff with conducive environment for learning. this is the soul of any Educational Institution. Our Library is situated in a very peaceful ambience having seating capacity of hundred persons. The well lit and Ventilated library has a collection of around 18,500 + Books in the text and reading categories besides nearly 70+ Journals and Magazines and 15 National and Daily Newspapers. Our Library has Book Bank facility which offers free books to needy students. we have dedicate and helpful staff in the library who continuously encourage and motivate the students for using the library. The students of F.Y.B.Com. & S.Y.B.Com. are offered two cards for text related books. the students of T.Y.B.Com. are offered three cards for text related books and the students who scores 60% and above in their previous examination are given one 'Scholar card' while M.Com. students are offered five cards for text related books. Library also provides the facility such as Internet connectivity via WI-FI with own Laptops & E-Library facility to access online journals such as INFLIBNET(6,000 + e-journal and 31,35,000+ e-books) and other online resources. The library is open on all the days except Sundays and Holidays. It operates from 8.00 am to 5.00 pm from Monday to Saturday. Library gives open access to students and staff. the Library is having separate section for teachers/research scholars and group discussion. The library also provides Photocopy, Lamination and Spiral Binding facility. Library conducts Book Exhibitions, Synopsis Writing Competitions and General Knowledge test in order to inculcate reading habit among the students.
The College has a full-fledged Gymkhana offering games like Table Tennis, Badminton, Chess, Carrom, Tennicoit etc. Students can avail of full range sports kit in the games like Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Kho-Kho, Kabaddi etc. A dedicated training instructor assists the students in fine tuning their sports talents. Multi purpose Gymkhana Hall costing more than Rs. 60 Lakhs is recently inaugurated and offered to the students as additional facility.
Our College has two Air-Conditioned Computer Laboratory offering the state of art technology to our students. The best of hardware and the latest software packages are available in adequate measure to the aspiring students to build up a career in Information Technology. The computer lab has inbuilt classroom facilities with 34 computers, printers, scanners and other necessary infrastructure including Internet.
Open Air Auditorium:
Our College is perhaps the-only College to enjoy the facility of an Open Air Auditorium surrounded by the College building from all the sides. This auditorium has a sitting capacity of 1000 audience. It has its own public address system with lighting arrangements. Our major functions like College Gathering, Cultural Feast, Fun Week, Inter Collegiate Competitions etc. are conducted in this Auditorium. Other functions like Blood Donation Camp, Seminars, Workshops, Guest Lectures, Inauguration of various clubs, etc. are conducted, in a indoor hall having a capacity of 300 persons.
A full fledged canteen providing vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes for breakfast, lunch and snacks remains in operation from 8.00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The canteen enjoys the facility of large size water cooler, marble tables, etc.
Narayan Zantye College of Commerce offers other facilities like Television, Overhead Projectors, LCD, Musical Instruments, Sound System, Conference Room, Internet, etc.
Maintenance of Campus Infrastructure:
(i) Library :
· The college library is fully automated with NewGenlib Library Software.
· Library has a collection of 18000+books and 68 journals/periodicals of National and International level.
· College library subscribes to UGC Inflibnet N-LIST programme from where students and faculties can access 6000+ e-journals and 31,35,000+ e-books. In order to access these resources library provides user id and passwords for the users.
· College library also subscribes to few Online journals. Library provides e-library facility for students and faculties with 20 computer systems enabled with broadband facility.
· Barcode system is used for the issue, return and renewal of books.
(ii) Sports Complex :
Facilities available indoor in Multi Purpose Sports Hall – TT tables (5), Badminton Court (2), Kabaddi Mat Court (1), Chess, Carrom, Tennikoit, Treadmill (1), Fitness bicycles (2), Pulleys (2), Dumbell set with stand (1), Weight Lifting set (1), Abdominal Bench (2).
Facilities available outdoor at college ground – Football, Cricket with Matting pitch and nets, volleyball, Kho-kho, Athletic track and other event facilities.
Utilisation and maintenance –
· Director of Physical Education and a full time multi tasking staff are dedicated for maintenance and utilisation of sports facilities.
· Sports equipments and facilities are used by students during off lectures, recess or free time after proper registration and surrender of their ID cards for the period of use of the facility.
· NGOs, Clubs and other educational institutions are allowed to use the sports facilities after written request.
· Summer and winter coaching camps are conducted for benefit of local students in Bicholim Taluka in sports like badminton, Table Tennis, Chess, Kabaddi, handball etc. through professional trainers.
· Sports equipments are regularly maintained by multi tasking staff under supervision of Director of Physical education and sports. Similarly periodic service maintenance is conducted through the supplier of equipments.
(iii) Computers :
- The institution has IT department headed by a senior Faculty to oversee the procurement, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment like computers, laptops, UPS, projectors and others in the domain area of information technology across the institution.
- Computer department provides the integrated IT services like smooth running of automation, up-gradation, uploading data in various websites through portal, maintenance of websites, hardware, networking equipment etc.
- Maintenance of the computers is carried out by appointing a dedicated Computer Lab instructor and external agencies which take cares of installing various software, operating systems, antivirus and other applications on all the computers of the institute.