BEST PRACTICE-I (2018-19)
i) Students Enrichment Programme:
Our college had organised different programmes for students enrichment. Apart from their curriculum these enrichment programmes enable students to realize their potential in a variety of settings beyond the classrooms. It helps them to learn how to apply their skills to make a positive impact.
1) Programme on “Self Defence for women” was organized for students by P.I. of sports club Althino, Mr. Amit Borkar .
2) Talk was delivered to students on “ Gift Organ and Awareness” by Dr. Priyanka Raikar (a pediatric occupational therapist)
3) Lecture was delivered to students on “ Solid Waste Management ” by Mr. Rahul Kamat.
4) Talk was given to student on “ Beti Bachao and Beti Padhao” by the team of PHC Bicholim .
5) Talk was delivered to students on the topic “Addiction and its Harmful Effects & Stress Management” by Dr. Gaurish in collaboration with “ Veer Savarkar Yuva Manch” Bicholim.
6) Three days seminar was organised for students on “SEBI” and the resource person for programme was Mr. Rajendra Dalvi.
7) Banking sector training was conducted for the students and resource person was Mr. Rupesh Manlingkar and Mr. Himesh Pai.
8) Lecture was delivered to students on “ Positive Thoughts” by Dr. Prof .R.J.Bhelerao
9) Talk was delivered on “ Child Rights” to the students by Adv. Sushma T. Mandrekar
10) Campus interview was held for the students by Ms. Urvi A Kolenkar ( Caculo JCB), Ms. Shivani Pai ( Caculo hospitality LLP), Mr. Rupesh Popkar
( Indianbulls HFC Panjim- Goa), Tejas Salkar (ICICI HFC Panjim Goa), Mr.Sapnesh Kerkar ( Bajaj finance service Ltd.), Mr. Pankaj Tilve (ITM group), Mr. Prachi Singh ( Reliance Jio), Amit Patil ( Kapital Tech) in Collobration with placement cell of Narayan Zantye College of Commerce.
12) Program was conducted for student on “ Self Defence” by Demond & Franch Da Costa .
13) Talk was delivered to students on “ Away from Alcohol” by Dr. Dayanand Rao and Mr. Kamlakar Bandekar.
14) Talk was delivered to students on “ AYUSH Scheme” by Dr. Rashmi Madhukar.
15) Lecture was delivered to students on “ Personality Development” by Mr. Eshan Usapkar.
16) Financial Planning – one day seminar was orgsnised by the department by the department, Mr.Aditya Kavlekar was the resource person of the seminar which was held . He briefed the student about the importance of financial planning, managing of the fund efficiently , gave idea about various investment awareness.
17) A GST seminar was conducted for students by Mr. Prasad Pawar.
18) Short term certificate course on “Advanced Excel” with the view to make master of Microsoft excel from beginner to advanced level was conducted engaged by resource person Mr. Amit Bandekar.
20) Efforts was also made to provide more knowledge on “International trade and finance” by conducting session on “International Trade and Finance” by Gysil D’Souza .
21) Session on Employability skill was conducted by resource person Ms. Melisa Fernandes with view of producing employable post graduate from the post of process of education.
22) Talk on cyber security by Mr. Amber Kamat was also conducted to provide awareness on “Importance of cyber security”.
23) Talk on entrepreneurship by CIBA members was conducted to cultivate unique skill and think out side box .
24) Talk was delivered to the students on “ Nature Conservation “ By Mr. Jose Fransisco , Erle D’sousa e Brito
25) Mr. Sawant delivered a session on the topic derivatives to enhance the knowledge on the derivatives market.
ii. Faculty Enrichment Programme:
Our college had organise following programmes for faculty enrichment and their benefit. The motive behind these best practices for faculty is to add on the information to their subject matter and at the same time to update knowledge in their respective subjects.
1) Faculty Development Programme was organized for faculty of NZCC and the resource person for the program was Prof. Justin Paul University of Puert Rico and Rollins College ,Florida , USA .
2) Sports conference was organised by the college in collaboration with NAPEES. Eminent personalities like Dr. Benu Gupta ( Asso.Pro.KMC, university of Delhi) , Dr. Nita Bandopadaya ( Head 2 Director, Dept of physical Education , university of Kalyani) Prof . Ravi kumar (Dept of physical education , NIT, warongol-T.S), Dr. Mahendra Kudhadar, V. Thrippalthi delivered a lecture during the confrencee .
3) Seminar was conducted by college in collaboration with Goa college Library Association and a talk was delivered on “ Reinventing the “Academic library of Higher Education” by B.A Gomes
4) Faculty Development Programme was organised for the faculty of NZCC and various eminent personalities like Dr. Lakshi Murthy and Mr.Karman Khanna delivered lecture for the program.
5) Talk was delivered to faculty on “ Green Audit” by resource person Mrs. Apoorva Apte
Best Practice –II
i) Community Service
Our college infrastructure and equipment’s are provided to the non-government organisation , Social clubs, Schools, higher secondary’s and government department to conduct various development activities.
Premises provided free of cost to outside agencies / institution
1) Ideal High School Pilgao, Bicholim organized educational programme of “National Mathematics ” Day on Saturday 2nd and Sunday 3rd February 2019 in multipurpose Hall.
2) Goa Tennis Cricket Association, Pernem was permitted to use college ground for practice for 4 days from 9th December to 12th December 2019.
3) Goa Judo Association organized state Judo championship in the Multipurpose hall on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th November 2018.
4) Shri Shantadurga Higher Secondary School, Bicholim was permitted to use college ground for kabaddi practice on 1st and 2nd October 2018.
5) Radhakrishna Vidyalaya School was given permission to use college ground for football practice.
6) Samrat Club Bicholim conducted programme “ Samrat Sangeet Sitara” 2018 at multipurpose hall 0n 1st July 2018.
7) Govind Gunaji Sawant High School was given permission to conduct “ Hand Ball” practice on college ground from 9th February to 11th February 2019.
8) Keshav Sadhana School was permitted to use college ground for their sports meet.
9) College offered its premises to Election Commission of Goa for conducting Election related work for Mayem, Bicholim and Sanquelim Constituency.
10) Library provides internship for the students of Bachelor of Library Science, Master of Library Science and Certificate Course in Library Science.
11) Library provides Book Bank facility for meritorious and needy students.
12) Library provides E-Library facility for students.
ii) Blood Donation Camp
NSS Unit and Rotary Club of Panjim Riveria in association with Blood Bank, Goa Medical College, Bambolim organized blood donation camp on Friday 11th January 2019 in college premises. Blood donation camp received an overwhelming response from Students, Staff, Ex-Students, Parents and well-wishers. Around 62 people donated blood.
iii)Free Diabetic Check up camp
On 10th February 2019, a free diabetic check up camp was organized in association with Dr. Redkar’s Medical foundation and in collaboration with N.S.S. unit. A team of Doctors and supporting staff from Dr. Redkar’s Medical foundation conducted the diabetic checkup and guided the patient’s on precautions to be taken for diabetic control. 52 males and 40 females participated in this camp
iv)Kerala Relief fund
NSS unit circulated a donation box among students to collect money for Kerala Relief on 03rd September 2018. Total money collected was RS. 10,187 /-